Thursday, March 12, 2009

Football

This'll be a quick one...

I'm not a huge football (soccer) fan, but in Europe, it's definitely some people's version of religion. I've tried to get into it, but to no avail. I still like the sport...any sport that can bring so many nationalities together and get people who otherwise might be on the street dealing drugs to kick a ball around sounds good to me. Also, in a time when eight year old kids are at a risk for carpal tunnel syndrome after playing too many handheld digital games, seeing them get together for a post lunch game in the schoolyard is refreshing.

Right now, there is a match on TV between Marseille and Amsterdam. I knew there was a match even before I turned on my TV. How? Because I have a new neighbor who's currently living in "la petite chambre" aka my residence for the month of October. There must be at least three people over there including the guy who lives there. How they fit in that tiny cramped space, I don't know. But it feels like I'm actually there, these people are so loud. Chanting, screaming, pounding the walls. I don't mind, as long as this finishes before I go to sleep.

No comments: