Saturday, January 10, 2009

Les choses sucrées que j'adore en France

If there's one thing the French do absolutely right, it's their cuisine...and that which comes from just about any pâtisserie. In honor of sweet French desserts everywhere, here are some that I've already digested (not all at once, of course)...


La tarte au chocolat avec un fruit d'amour

Chocolate cake (it was warm and gooey too) with a love fruit (the fruit has a very tart yellow berry center with inedible leaves surrounding it). All four of us ordered it and the waitress smiled in understanding, saying, "of course chocolate for the girls."


Un arc-en-ciel des macarons (rainbow of macaroons). These were from Carrefour (the huge grocery store) and weren't very good. However, these little guys have been known to adorn the sides and tops of cakes in pâtisseries everywhere and are absolutely divine when they are freshly made.

Finally, in the center is AJ's favorite tarte aux framboises (raspberry tart) and la tarte aux pommes (apple tart) next to it. And no, I didn't polish these off all by myself. I had a team of champion sweet tooths helping me out.

Hopefully more dessert snapshots to come...

3 comments:

Magdi said...

Yummy!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Have you had a pastry penguin? That's my current favorite.

Kat said...

No, but I think I need to!